Natsumi Covey focuses her practice on complex civil litigation matters with an emphasis on business disputes. She is a zealous advocate who has successfully represented clients in a diverse portfolio of cases including contractual disputes, products liability, premises liability, and negligence cases.
Natsumi is also an Adjunct Professor of Advocacy at St. Mary’s School of Law where she is an assistant coach for the National Moot Court Team.
- Texas State Bar
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- J.D. – St. Mary’s University School of Law
While in law school, Natsumi served as team captain of St. Mary’s National Moot Court Team where she argued in over thirty-five rounds of moot court, finishing as three-time national and regional moot court champion. Natsumi was further recognized as a top oral advocate in the nation, and she was recognized for writing the best brief at several moot court competitions. During her last year of law school, Natsumi was one of nine students inducted into the National Order of Barristers and was awarded the Patricia Scott award, which is given to the best advocate at St. Mary’s. She also received the Excellence in Appellate Advocacy award from the State Bar of Texas which is awarded to the top appellate advocates in the state.
Associations and Memberships
- St. Mary’ Law School Law School Mentorship Circles: Mentor (2022-2023)
- Adjunct Professor, St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Bexar County Woman’s Bar Association, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Member