Andres “Andy” Gonzalez has over 25 years of experience handling a wide variety of civil litigation cases, with a focus in the areas of personal injury, commercial transportation, medical malpractice, trucking, construction, premises liability and products liability. He has defended numerous personal injury cases on behalf of commercial clients in the fields of construction, oil and gas, and transportation in both state and federal courts and across the state of Texas.
Born and raised in South Texas, Andy attended high school in McAllen and went on to graduate magna cum laude from Texas A&M University. After receiving his law degree from the University of Texas, Andy returned to McAllen to begin his legal career defending physicians, nurses and hospitals against medical malpractice claims. He expanded his practice to other areas of civil litigation, including government tort claims, commercial litigation, contract disputes, product liability and personal injury litigation. He eventually moved to San Antonio, where he has continued to represent both individuals and companies in a variety of civil litigation matters. Andy’s practice extends from El Paso to the Rio Grande Valley, serving all Texas venues.
In his time away from the office, Andy enjoys playing tennis, horseback riding, and spending time with his wife, Debra, and their children and grandchildren.
- Lerma v Pipe Movers, et al. Counsel for defendant oil field equipment company in personal injury case. Motion for Summary Judgment granted. Judgment affirmed on appeal. (79th District Court, Jim Wells County, Texas)(4th Court of Appeals, San Antonio, Texas; No.04-16-00739-CV).
- Mata v. Uhlhorn. Counsel for defendant driver in personal injury case. Motion for Summary Judgment granted. (138th District Court, Cameron County, Texas).
- Holt v. UFI Transport, et al. Counsel for defendant transportation company in personal injury case. (County Court at Law No. 3, Nueces County, Texas).
- Martin v. Fantastic Sams. Counsel for national hair salon franchisor in personal injury case resulting in no-pay dismissal of client. (District Court, Bexar County, Texas).
- San Benito CISD v. Honeywell, Inc., et al. Counsel in the defense team for defendant air-conditioning company in toxic mold case involving 11 of 13 schools in the district (107th District Court, Cameron County, Texas).
Trial Victories and Verdicts
- Martin v. Riggins. Counsel for defendant commercial truck driver in personal injury case. Defense verdict in jury trial. (365th District Court, Zavala County, Texas).
- Anderson v. Amando Guerra d/b/a Guerra’s Auto Sales. Counsel for defendant automobile transport company in personal injury jury trial. (404th District, Cameron County, Texas).
- Houle v. OneTouchPoint Southwest Corp., et al. Counsel for defendant printing company and box truck driver in personal injury jury trial. (225th District Court, Bexar County, Texas).
- Alvarez v Jose de Jesus Bernal Rincon d/b/a Transportes JBR. Counsel for defendant Mexican commercial trucking company in personal injury case. Finding of contributory negligence on the Plaintiff in jury trial. (U.S. Southern District Court, Laredo Division, Webb County, Texas).
- Texas State Bar
- 1997 – J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- 1994 – B.A., Political Science and Government, Texas A&M University