Jess is a zealous advocate for clients involved in litigation. She brings enthusiasm to every litigation team and provides creative analysis in order to produce the best strategies to resolve clients’ disputes.
Her practice focuses on representing insurers in coverage litigation and clients involved in complex commercial disputes in both state and federal courts.
Jess’ insurance coverage practice relates to disputes concerning directors and officers, general liability, environmental, commercial property coverage, construction, and professional liability. Jess’ commercial practice involves contractual disputes, breach of fiduciary duties, and fraud litigation. She has experience in all phases of civil litigation from pre-suit investigation, discovery, motion practice, trial, and appellate proceedings.
Outside of the office, Jess enjoys being an active member of the community. She is an Adjunct Professor of Advocacy at St. Mary’s School of Law where she coaches the National Mock Trial Team. Jess also enjoys being outdoors. As an avid angler, she is often roaming riverbanks and the coast searching for feeding fish and tails. Her fishing hobby has rewarded her in so many ways, including a chance to give back as a fly-fishing instructor with a national non-profit, Casting for Recovery, which provides healing outdoors retreats for women with breast cancer.
- Texas State Bar
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Magna Cum Laude, 2017
- Upon graduation of law school, Jess was selected into the National Order of the Barristers and National Order of the Scribes based on her award-winning appellate brief writing for national moot court competitions. She was also selected by her peers as the Outstanding Female Graduate.
- Texas A&M University, B.A. Political Science and B.A. Communication, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Casting For Recovery, Fly Fishing Instructor
- Adjunct Professor, St. Mary’s College of Law