Elizabeth’s practice principally focuses on representing insurers in coverage litigation. She advises and represents domestic and foreign insurers in complex coverage matters arising out of commercial general liability, directors and officers liability, management liability, investment advisor and fund management liability, cyber liability, and excess insurance policies. Elizabeth holds a special interest in advising and representing insurers in coverage matters arising out of construction defect claims.
Elizabeth was recently selected for membership in the Bexar County Women’s Bar Foundation and Association’s 2019 LEAD Academy class. She is also an active board member of Defense Counsel of San Antonio. Prior to joining the firm, Elizabeth served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Lee M. Jackwig, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of Iowa. Elizabeth earned her Juris Doctor from Emory University School of Law, where she served as the Executive Notes and Comments Editor of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal. She was also a judicial extern to the Honorable Paul M. Baisier, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Representing D&O insurers in breach of contract and bad faith actions brought in federal court in Texas.
- Advising and representing excess insurer in construction defect case arising out of the construction and sale of an apartment complex in Texas.
- Advising and representing CGL insurer of general contractor in substantial construction defect claim at a luxury, mixed-use development.
- Advising and representing insurer in coverage dispute with product manufacturer arising out of claims against manufacturer for allegedly faulty product.
- Advising D&O insurer of private equity firm in coverage dispute arising out alleged fraud committed during the purchase of a company in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advising and representing excess insurer in construction defect claim case arising out of the construction of a multi-level parking garage.
- Texas State Bar
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- 2017 – J.D., Emory University School of Law
- 2012 – B.A., Political Science, Furman University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society, Member
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Foundation and Association, 2019 LEAD Academy Member
- Defense Counsel of San Antonio, Co-Membership Chair
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member