Chad W. Schreiber
Chad’s practice focuses on representing domestic and foreign insurers in civil litigation matters involving a broad spectrum of insurance policies, including commercial general liability, excess liability, pollution liability, professional liability, and directors and officers liability coverage.
Chad has extensive experience defending insurers in coverage litigation relating to claims under commercial property policies, including property damage and business interruption claims and insurance coverage disputes related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Chad also counsels insurers on effective claims handling practices and has experience assisting clients in preparing manuscript policy language.
Chad’s practice extends to general tort and commercial litigation. In this area, Chad has represented businesses and individuals in a wide variety of matters, including personal injury and property damage claims and contractual disputes.
- Representing an excess D&O insurer in a lawsuit seeking coverage for claims made in class action securities litigation.
- Represented a domestic insurer in a federal jury trial against claims for breach of contract and statutory and common law bad faith arising from delay in completion claims made under a builder’s risk policy issued for a multi-story office project.
- Represented domestic and foreign carriers insuring a Texas county relating to claims submitted for dozens of county properties following Hurricane Harvey and successfully compelled arbitration of all claims pursuant to the Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Represented domestic and foreign insurers in a declaratory judgment action seeking to confirm a coverage denial for Hurricane Irma property damage and business interruption claims based on an insured’s alleged misrepresentation, concealment, or fraud.
- Represented CGL insurers relating to construction-defect litigation throughout the state of Texas.
- Texas State Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, St. Mary’s School of Law
- Bachelor of Public Administration, Business Administration Minor, Texas State University
Organizations and Memberships
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
- John M. Harlan Society
- William H. Sessions Inns of Court
- Insurance Law Section of the State Bar of Texas